The Washington School-Based Health Alliance, in partnership with Public Health-Seattle & King County, is pleased to host this upcoming webinar for the school-based health field in Washington. Please join us!
TOPIC: Disordered Eating / Eating Disorders in Adolescents During a Global Pandemic: Assessment, Medical and Mental Health Interventions, and Coordination of Care in a School-Based Health Setting
WHEN: Tuesday, March 29, 2022, 3-5pm
- Dr. Gina Sucato (she/her pronouns), MD, MPH, Director, Adolescent Center, Kaiser Permanente
- Kathie Wurzbacher (she/her pronouns), M.Ed., LMHC, Clinical Operations Manager, Mental Health and Wellness, Adolescent Programs/School-Based Health, Kaiser Permanente
This session will address disordered eating and eating disorders in adolescents during a global pandemic, using an equity and culturally-responsive lens. Presenters will:
- discuss assessment, medical and mental health interventions, and coordination of care between disciplines to improve clinical outcomes, particularly in a school-based setting
- explore evidence-based strategies to address the mental health aspects of disordered eating and eating disorders in adolescents
- provide perspective regarding societal, systemic and pandemic contributors to eating disorders, and considerations for talking about healthy eating and healthy bodies with culturally, socioeconomically and otherwise diverse youth
Through partnership with Public Health—Seattle & King County, the Washington School-Based Health Alliance is offering social work continuing education units (CEUs) through the National Association of Social Workers for these sessions. If you are interested in claiming CEUs for these sessions, please review the specific requirements of your licensure. To claim these CEUs, you will need to attend the online training and complete the post-session evaluation and quiz. Questions? Contact Erin MacDougall, Public Health-Seattle & King County, at email@example.com.