The national School-Based Health Alliance, in partnership with the Colgate Foundation, is hosting a webinar on October 26:
Topic: Achieving Health Equity through School-Based Health Care. Read more.
Date: Tuesday, October 26, 11am-Noon PT.
- Pedro Noguera, PhD, Dean, Rossier School of Education at University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- José Muñoz, Director, Coalition for Community Schools, Vice President for Equity and Impact, and interim Director, Institute for Educational Leadership, Washington, DC
- April Joy Damian, PhD, MSc, CHPM, PMP, Vice President and Director of the Weitzman Institute, Middletown, CT
- Gillian Barclay, DDS, MPH, DrPH, Vice President, Global Public Health and Scientific Affairs at Colgate Palmolive, New York, NY
Registration Link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_tlFEqVUcRVe8btJist3Qag
The national School-Based Health Alliance and partners are hosting a webinar tomorrow, Wednesday, October 13:
Planning for the Child (ages 5-11) Vaccine Rollout: Equitable Approaches and Best Practices. Read more.
- Lisa F. Waddell, MD, MPH, Chief Medical Officer, CDC Foundation
- Lauren A. Smith, MD, MPH, Chief Health Equity and Strategy Officer, CDC Foundation
- Venus Ginés, MAP/CHWI, President/Founder, Día de la Mujer Latina, Inc.
- Robert Boyd, President/CEO, School-Based Health Alliance
- Mark Del Monte, CEO/Executive Vice President, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Tene Franklin, MPH, VP of Health Equity and Stakeholder Engagement, Health Leads
Date and Time: Wednesday, Oct 13, 2021, Noon PT
This school year, we will be hosting regular Coffee Connections events for Washington school-based health centers (SBHCs). This series provides an informal platform for you to connect with SBHC colleagues working across Washington state. Each session will have a guiding topic and some prompts for small group discussion. Mainly though these events will be a time for collective learning, sharing, and networking.
Our first Coffee Connections event will be at 9am on Friday, October 8. Please register HERE.
We look forward to having you join us! Please feel free to invite any staff who may have missed the original invite.
Kaiser Permanente is offering a webinar series during the 2021-2022 school year on The Way to Staff Well-Being in Schools. See flyer here, with enrollment links.
The Washington School-Based Health Alliance is pleased to host a webinar this week:
Elevating Student Voices in School-Based Health
Session description: Join students and providers from multiple schools and SBHC sponsors to learn about increasing student engagement in SBHCs. In this workshop you will hear about pandemic pivots, zippy Zooms and keen Kahoots. This presentation is for all school-based medical and mental health providers along with support staff.
Presenters: Students from The Center School, Tyee High School, Renton High School, Lindbergh High School; and school-based health providers from Healthpoint and Swedish
When: Thursday, May 20, 12-1pm