Apple Health (Medicaid) Unwinding the Public Health Emergency
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Health Care Authority extended coverage for all Apple Health (Medicaid) clients, except for individuals experiencing special circumstances. The Consolidated Appropriation Act, 2023 ended extended coverage for all Apple Health (Medicaid) clients on May 11, 2023.
As of April 1, 2023, Washington state is required to redetermine eligibility of all individuals currently receiving Apple Health. Learn more about the coverage changes and how HCA plans to help.
Learn more about how to apply for or renew Apple Health coverage.
School-based health centers can be helpful by:
- Informing your Apple Health (Medicaid) patients and their families about this policy and coverage change
- Sharing resources with your Apple Health patients and their families:
- Follow us on social media for updates on Apple Health.
- Encouraging your patients and their families to make sure their contact information is updated.
- Supporting your patients and their families (if needed) with navigation assistance and/or insurance eligibility to get recertified.