Crossposted from the Washington State Department of Health
The Department of Health (DOH) is launching a new online health resource for teens and young adults.
Teen Health Hub WA (the Hub) is a new webpage on DOH’s website. It was cocreated with Washington teens and young adults, including members of DOH’s Youth Advisory Council (YAC). The Hub features a curated online directory of youth-friendly information and resources on behavioral health, primary care, navigating the health care system, sexual and reproductive health, and teen dating and violence prevention. Teens and young adults, parents and caregivers, and youth-serving professionals can use the new webpage to find easy links to health-related resources that have been vetted by experts at DOH and approved by the YAC.
Over the next year, DOH will work with the YAC to expand the Hub. This will include adding more high-quality online resources, creating guides on health topics young people want to know about – like how to schedule a doctor’s appointment – and developing an inventory of youth-serving resources in the state. They will also be adding content in Spanish, soon.
Check it out at: Teen Health Hub WA | Washington State Department of Health
DOH need’s your help to spread the word to young people and youth-serving professionals and providers:
- Share this post with your partners!
- Share the attached flyer/posters with young people you know, and in places where young people like to hang out – like lunchrooms, counselor and advisor offices, wellness centers, libraries, and school-based health centers!
- Share the attached one pager with youth-serving professionals, providers, agencies, and organizations in emails, newsletters, and in places where they spend their time.
- Share DOH’s social media posts on your socials or create your own content using the attached social media toolkit as a resource.
- Reach out to DOH for free stickers and posters for teens and young adults.
- Check out Teen Health Hub WA frequently for updates, new resources, and more!