The role of the Washington School-based Health Alliance (the “Alliance”) is to support and advance Washington’s system of school-based health care by:
- Educating the public and stakeholders about the health care needs of Washington’s children.
- Working to establish sustainable funding and other resources for school-based health care around the state.
- Educating policymakers on the role of school-based health care in Washington’s health care safety net.
- Supporting school-based health centers to maintain and improve the scope and quality of the care they provide.
- Involving parents, youth and communities in planning and advisory roles for school-based health care. and,
- Providing networking and educational opportunities to school-based health care personnel, administrators and supporters through workshops, conferences and other communications.